Interior Design Process:
- Schedule a consultation - At your consultation, you can expect a lengthy discussion about your current furniture, what pieces you love, how your family lives in certain spaces, your budget, and your inspiration homes and ideas. In our first consult, we will take room measurements, photos of your space, along with detailed notes.
- Sign contract and proposal - After meeting the City Hill Design team + making sure we’re a good fit for you, it’s time to sign the contract. We will begin crafting room layouts, pulling furniture proposals, and gathering sample materials. Together, a whole look can be a lengthy process. Prepare for this process to take several weeks between your consult until we present your initial proposal.
- Proposal Meeting - Our initial proposal is a starting point to begin refining the new look of your home. You can expect most of your furniture we choose to be ordered directly by City Hill Design through manufacturers we partner with. To make each home original, we have also found unique pieces only available through certain local retail shops. Because of direct-to-manufacturer relationships, you might notice that our pricing is lower than what you can find online or through retail--one of the many perks of working with City Hill Design!
- Ordering - Once we receive approval from you + payment in full, it’s time to order! Furniture will be received, stored, assembled, at our local warehouse. Unless it’s a retail item, shipping is included in the prices we give you.
- Install - After a long process of decisions + waiting, it’s finally install day! Furniture will be moved into your home from one of our local trade partners dedicated to working with designers. Expect them to move the heavy furniture, hang artwork, and install drapery under our supervision. Go enjoy a coffee date + let us do the hard work!
- Accessorizing - Accessorizing is the final detail of design. Plan on City Hill Design pulling the larger statement pieces through our trade partners. We will shop local retail stores + bring collected items for your smaller accessories. Once we’re finished, we want you to live in your new space for a week. You won’t be charged until you see pricing + decide on the pieces that speak to you.
- The Reveal - Welcome home! We hope you love your newly designed home!